VTS enjoy travel; is a Chilean Sixth Region VIP transportation and tourism company. It is also the leader in tours to the world’s biggest copper underground mine “El Teniente” and the legendary camp of “Sewell” located in the heart of the Andes Mountains.
We have transported more than 40.000 visitors among Chilean and foreign people. Tourists, students, employees from different companies and families have enjoyed our tours, taking with them unforgettable memories.
Our services are oriented to the personalized attention to our clients. We have excellent and modern tour buses, ideal to transport our visitors to our destinations and for special trips. We are the best alternative to take care of your present and future requirements. Contact us at our e-mail: email@example.com
VTS enjoy travel, invites you to visit and get inside the world’s largest underground copper mine and the legendary El Teniente mining camp of Sewell, nominated the World Heritage by UNESCO on July 13, 2006.
The tour is made in modern and comfortable tour vans and buses, through a beautiful mountain road, you will visit the production plant, enter the mine and reach the camp
Copper Route Tour "Sewell and El Teniente Mine"
Regular Tour Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays
9:00 a.m. : (Departure from Santiago)
Departure by tour bus from Parque Arauco Boulevard, Module TURISTIK, Santiago
9:15 a.m.: Stopping at Asturias Hotel, 21 Ramon Carnicer Street, Providencia, Santiago.
10:30 a.m. : Stopping at one of the sides of Supermarket Jumbo in Rancagua, Copper Road.
11:00 a.m.: Arrival to Maitenes Control where safety equipment is loaned to enter inside the mine.
11:15 a.m. : The trip continues to the mine by an extraordinary mountain high way with panoramic view to Colon Concentrator Plant, Rail Road Terminal of High Colon and Caletones Smelter Plant.
12:00 a.m. : Arrival and entrance to Adit-71 inside mine tunnels crossing levels 6, Tour of civic district, cave of crystals and crushing plants.
02:00 p.m. : Ending of visit at sub.6 level. Departure with destiny to Sewell
02:15 p.m. : Arrival at Sewell Mining Camp. The tour is made in a descending way, starting from the building Teniente Club. With a general panoramic view a historical speech about the camp is given: It includes; its special camp architecture, buildings for the chiefs , employees, workers, the long stair, the Staff House, theater, social clubs, external view of the mineral, Black Mountain, the church and visit to the Museum of the Great Copper Mine.
04:30 p.m. : Return to Maitenes return the safety equipment.
06:00 p.m. : Approximately arrival to Rancagua
07:00 p.m. :. (Passengers from Santiago) Stopping at Hotel Asturias in Santiago.
07:30 p.m. : Arrival to Module TURISTIK, Parque Arauco Boulevard in Santiago.
Tour rates to Copper Route From Santiago
Adults: $30.000 per person (between 25 and 59 years old)
Students: $25.000 per person (between 7 and 24 years old)
Seniors: $25.000 per person (between 60 to 75 years old)
Adults: $27.000 per person (between 25 to 59 years old)
Students: $22.000 per person (between 7 and 24 years old)
Seniors: $22.000 per person (between 60 to 75 years old)
• Transportation in van or tour bus
• Spanish speaking tour guide.
• Visit to the Museum of the Great Copper Mine.
• Liability Insurance and Personal Accident.
• Loan of full safety equipment to get inside the mine.
Lunch at “Industrial Casino”, paying additional $ 5.000 per person.
Conditions and Characteristics of visits
• Reservations required 24 hours in advance:
• For inquiries and reservations call us to the phone (72) 210290/211681, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
• This schedule takes place on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays throughout the year.
• To the interior of the mine cannot enter any person under 14 years old or over 75 years old.
• People under 7 or over 75 years old is not allowed.
• Health compatible with the height (2,300 m)
It is also required do not suffer from claustrophobia for those who want entering to the mine.
• To make a reservation you need the name, ID or passport, ages and nationalities, of all the travellers.
Clothing requirements to enter into the mine: long pants, socks or stockings to use safety boots. It is also important to take with you sunscreen, hat or jockey for sun protection.
• To enter into the mine safety equipment is loaned to you: boots, helmet, goggles, mining lamp, filter mask, reflective jacket.
• Allowed to take pictures and video.
• It is forbidden to bring pets.
• It is advisable to bring mineral water.
• The company is not responsible for personal belongings loosing.
• The tour can be suspended by unfavorable weather conditions or higher order from Codelco El Teniente Division.
"El Teniente", la mina de cobre subterránea más grande del mundo.
La Ruta del Cobre, es un destino turístico único. Permite al visitante conocer algunos aspectos de la mina El Teniente, a 150 Km. de Santiago y a 2.200 metros de altura, que desde 1905 se ha perforado en la roca nada menos que 2.300 kilómetros de galerías subterráneas, con unos 300 kilómetros actualmente en uso, en 14 pisos o niveles, comunicados entre sí por verdaderas carreteras subterráneas, y por dos gigantescas "jaulas" o ascensores para 350 personas.
En el interior de la Mina hay 11 cafeterías o "choqueros", además de oficinas, salas de computación, de entrenamiento, talleres, plantas de chancado, sistemas ferroviarios en distintos niveles, etc.
Es decir, es una mirada de asombro al lugar de trabajo donde unos 3.000 chilenos laboran en turnos las 24 horas del día, todos los días del año, y que hacen de Chile el principal exportador y vendedor de cobre del mundo.